Fuck guys. Fuck. I’ve got some serious updating for ya’ll. This is going to be in a bullet form since I guess that’s like a thing websites do now:
- I haven’t updated this blog in ages and I think I really want to again. I am a fucking writer!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is this so hard for me!!!! I love this blog and I want it to survive!
- I moved to Seattle! But how could I move from beautiful California, you ask? Long story short, my boyfriend and I decided it was time to no longer be long distance and to have a fresh start together. Hence a big move to the PNW.
- I am vegan! Remember when I did my “vegan for a week” challenge two summers ago at Wanderlust Fest? As of January ’16, I took the full commitment. It’s truly the best decision I ever made.
- I have still been posting videos and my regular YouTube channel, but I also started a new one called BadVegan, where I post all about vegan shit. I haven’t done too much with it yet, but I’ve created it to appeal to people like my dad who only like vegan cookbooks if they curse a lot in them. So ~*~edgy~*~!!
- I’m looking to change my life…
…And I have a few ideas on how to do this:
- Foster a dog. YAY! This is the soonest thing that’s happening. I love dogs. Dogs are angels. I can’t live without a tail-wagging presence in my life. So I applied to foster a dog, got approved, and that will be happening soon!
- Finding a new source of income. I currently work as a receptionist at a vet clinic. I know. A huge step down from making $18/hour sitting doing awesome web marketing shit as a paid intern for a bio-tech company (where I was when I first started this blog). A lot of jobs here in Seattle are technology based, something I’m not experience with. Where are all the writers!?
- Going off that… Starting my own business. I’m sick of being an employee, dude. I’ve got way too many ideas to be just another employee, you know? I’ve got a couple ideas up my sleeve, so we’ll see what comes to full volition.
- Spend more time doing what I love, less time worrying about money. Living in Seattle is really fucking expensive. When a huge portion of people who live here are super-geniuses who run some of the world’s biggest companies, it’s hard to survive as a little vegan writer who just wants to play with dogs all day. Bills are tight, but I need to commit to something I love (YouTube, blogging, writing, cooking, yoga) and stop worrying about the bills.
Soo, there. That’s my update. You know how I always say I’ll post more, but don’t? I really, really want to this time. Especially because I get requests more than anything to post my meals/recipes, but sometimes getting all that on YouTube isn’t possible for me (filming/editing takes a LONG time, not to mention my kitchen is TINY, and my lighting/camera suxx). I think that updating those things on this blog will be a good compromise.
I love to cook. I love to eat. I love to write. I love to share my life and lessons with others. So here we go, world. NourishMyDirt is back. *hair whip*